Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Preemie Project-Booties, Bonnets and Blankets for Premature Babies

Hey Everyone!
I have a charity project that I would like to share with you. It is called "The Preemie Project" and you can find it at the following site:
Myself and my volunteers are knitting premature baby items for donation to hospital NICUs. Currently the hospital we will be donating to is The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, IA.

Many of the babies in the NICU are very tiny and sick, and many spend a long time in the hospital. For me it is really special to be able to give the babies something snuggly and soft to wear during their recovery. You can choose to use the patterns we're using that are so simple, any knitter could complete these projects. You can also choose to use your own pattern if you wish.

For anyone interested, I am asking for a donation of baby booties, hats, blankets and yarn in any amount. Click here for a picture, sorry it's not the best, of the booties and hats. You can check out The Preemie Project website for all of the volunteer info.

If you do decide to volunteer you are free to spend as little or as much time that you have available on this project. I know that many of us are very busy so any donation no matter how small would be greatly appreciated. Again, please check out the website if you're interestd and send me an e-mail. My e-mail:
knitsforsanity at yahoo dot com

Thanks to everyone for reading this! Happy Knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home