Saturday, February 05, 2005

Ugg booties with inner cuff


(Click for larger) I was eager to try a simple two-needle bootie pattern, but I thought the Ugg pattern needed a ribbed cuff to stay on. So, I added a hidden one inside the bootie.

To do this, I picked up along the inside of the ankle with a smooth yarn, worked four rows of stockinette, and finished with about a dozen rows of ribbing.

The ribbed cuff gets seamed first. (Then you get to pick the eyelashes out of the fashion yarn, so you can sew up with it.)

When you are done, the ribbing is hidden inside the bootie.

More pix here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you added a cuff to the Ugg bootie. Are you following the DIY Knitty Gritty pattern? If you are what row on the pattern did you add the cuff. I think it's an excellent idea to help them stay on. I can't hang on to them after their made they're so popular.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me in adding the cuff.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home